A great scene starts with a strong foundation. Period.
If you want a powerful start to your scene, establish strong points of view and emotionally connect to your partner. This 4-day workshop using Razowsky’s methodology will help you:
- Build your scenes with a clear mind, open to all possibilities.
- Recognize the power of your emotions and use them to guide you to your point of view.
- Discover your partner’s wants and intentions in the first line of the scene.
- Develop observational skills to follow exciting paths you might not be seeing.
- Connect with your mind and body to create scenes that surprise and thrill you.
This workshop will change the way you look at improvisation and the world around you.
Dave Razowsky Bio:
David Razowsky is the former artistic director of the Second City Los Angeles, and the host of the award-winning podcast ADD Comedy with Dave Razowsky. His teaching and performing has taken him all over the world, from the US to Austira, Australia, Ireland, Italy, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, the UK, and New Zealand, where he recorded a TEDx Auckland Talk. As an actor at The Second City David worked with Martin Short, Steve Carell, Stephen Colbert, Rachel Dratch, Chris Farley, Amy Sedaris among others. He’s directed The Second City Mainstage, The Second City Hollywood, The Second City Detroit, The Second City National Touring Company, and two productions for Boom Chicago in Amsterdam. He is a consultant for Dreamworks, a teacher for Steppenwolf Theater, and adjunct faculty for California State University. David’s a member of the Reduced Shakespeare Company and performed in their Kennedy Center run of The Complete Works of William Shakespeare, Abridged.
Visit www.davidrazowsky.com for more David.