Next 3 courses:
Find all FUNdamental – Level 1A courses at the bottom of this page.
What will you learn?
- How to become more confident in challenging situations (e.g. presentations, speeches)
- Help you communicate your thoughts and ideas better
- Make you more open to others ideas
- To tap into and grow your own creativity
- Become a strong collaborator and listener
- Increase your ability to be spontaneous
- How to let go and have a ton of fun
You will learn how to be confident and comfortable creating ideas without any preparation – this can be in performance but it can also be applied in every aspect of your life. The focus of our FUNdamentals – Level 1A and 1B classes is not on performing, as much as it is on having fun and learning the fundamentals of improv in a safe setting.
You’ll learn how to:
- make strong connections with others
- trust your instincts and follow your feelings
- support and be supported by others
- to turn ‘mistakes’ to your advantage (for comedy)
- create comedy in the moment!
What happens in the Course?
Each course is taught with the same group of people each week. The classes are conducted through fun group games and active exercises. Involving all participants or divided into smaller groups. You will mainly be standing, so wear something comfortable
Our goal is to make the course comfortably challenging for you as part of a team, and in a psychologically safe environment. Our qualified professional teachers (which also perform at the ICC Theatre) ensure that everybody is treated equally and constantly given a focus for all their creative energy.
At the same time, we take great care to understand the individual challenges of all participants so they always feel included and a part of the team.
How long is the course?
The courses run for 8 weeks with 1 class/week. Class duration 2 hours.
When do classes take place?
All year round – We run 5 terms with 8 week courses every year and 4 day intensive course (same curriculum) during vacation periods e.g. summer.
Where do the classes take place?
All classes take place in the centre of Copenhagen. Either in our cosy ICC theatre on Frederiksholms Kanal (200m from Strøget) or in our dedicated ICC Training Centre at Løngangstræde, just around the corner from the Theatre.
What else is inclded in the course?
- 2 free show tickets if you use our Early Bird deal. (sing up minimum 2 weeks before the start date).
- A field trip with your class and teacher to a show at the ICC theatre
- An ICC Student card that gives you free entrance to all “nICCe Sunday” shows and discounts at the ICC Theatre bar.
- A membership to the ICC community full of creative people.
Improv taught me to be comfortable within myself.
All upcoming FUNdamental courses:
Make a loved one happy!
With an ICC gift card.
The gift card can be used for classes, shows and workshops. Well, anything you can find here basically. Perfect for somebody who would enjoy an improv class or an entertaining Improv Comedy show. The gift card can be downloaded or send directly to your loved one by email. And you can include a sweet personalised message.